Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November is flying by....

Wow..can't believe it's less than a month til Christmas....

Today I'm sharing a few projects...

First for Sketch N Scrap they have this sketch:

I flipped the photos, but left the other design elements in place and I ended up with this layout.
Now..I wanted to stop a minute and give a big Thanks for Lisa & Jewels... know why?
Cuz doing this layout reminded me WHY I'm SUPPOSED to be scrapbooking...
I've been spending so much time on layouts for publication and DT's...etc.... and when I did this layout that I would probably never submit for a magazine, and showed my son...and his reaction was:  "I remember the pool was right below our room" and "I remember having waffles for breakfast"...  and I really was reminded that THOSE are the memories that I really want to preserve for him!  So THANKS for reminding me of that!!


Also a few other items:
For a color challenge at Frosted Designs:

And a sketch over at Sketches in Thyme:

And a "trait" challenge for My Scraps and More .. combined with an arrow challenge at Memorable Seasons:

and a couple older ones that I realized I never posted:

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww that face in the last one..... tooooooooooooo cute!! I just loveeeeeeeeeee all of these my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Love the arrow pointing out the room. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need that reminder every now and again huh? Love it that your son is so excited about the layout and the great memories you guys had on that trip! I love your take on my sketch, this layout really tells the story! Love that background paper to, its really cool!

    ReplyDelete