Friday, December 11, 2009

Bee Box (Practical Scrappers DT project - xmas gift)

First, I don't think my son's Kindergarten teacher reads my blog....but if you're Mrs. B, then stop right now and close this window immediately.

Ok, for the rest of you....  my son's Kindergarten teacher's name is Mrs. B (in case you didn't figure that out already)...and all the classes have "nicknames" so their class is the "Bees".  She has lots of little bee decorations around the room.   So, I found this little basket at the thrift store for $.99.  Dug through paper I had "given" to my son and found this old bee paper.  Added some black, ribbons and that cute little wooden bee from Michaels...used Stickles for his "flight path" and Thickers for the letters.  Painted black the areas I couldn't cover with paper and added LOTS of cute ribbon. 

I'm going to put a few gift cards inside for a Christmas gift for Mrs. B.  Then she can "use" the box later in class or however she chooses.  (and my son helped me make it, so he feels really good about giving this gift)




2 comments:

  1. your little bee box is darling! I know that if one of my parents created something like this for me, I'd cry! I love it!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gift idea...I love handmade gifts. That bee paper is too cute.

    ReplyDelete