Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Perfect Storm (and a tip)

Today I'm posting for my DT at SCRAP OUR STASH   -- This month our challenge to you is to "re-do" a layout....

So, for me "re-do" a layout is quite a stretch... So, as I really was thinking about it, I had a tip that I do that I wanted to share with you... Not really a re-do, but kinda along those lines....

When I finish a layout.... I look at it, evaluate it (not like cross-examination or anything...lol!).... but as I'm looking at it, I ask myself these questions:

1) What are 3 things that I LIKE about this layout.....
2) What are 3 things that I DON'T LIKE about this layout....

Then, I mentally make a note of the things that I liked.... good to have those thoughts to use again later!!

Then I look at the things I didn't like...and I think... "Can I fix or change those things to make it better?"...sometimes I can't...and that's ok (again mental note for next time)...... But sometimes I CAN make a little adjustment or change that eliminates one of the "dislikes"....

So, with that in mind.... let me share this layout with you....

Now I scrap indoors, after dark and don't have natural light..... so even after I took a picture of this layout, I didn't see anything wrong. But then I loaded the picture on my computer and I went.. OH MY...that teal color tape DOESN'T MATCH COLORS AT ALL!!!!! (See it above the word STORM & at the left edge of the border below the photo? )..... YIKES!!


So, my quick re-do...... removed it and added some Tim Holtz tape in a neutral color....
Much better!!


So don't forget to take a quick look at your layouts and make an adjustment or two....or just make some mental notes for next time (good or bad!)....



1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeee the tape change!! It probably wouldn't have bothered me (or I wouldn't have noticed the color off-ness...lol!) but I like how you changed it to the neutral color tape.... I see the difference and I love it!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo of Joseph... tooooooooooooo cute!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete